Saturday 14 May 2011

Ginger, Pecan & Oatmeal Cookies

Pin It


This recipe is a bit of an invention, I have made it a couple of times and the husband and I like them a lot. They never last past 2 days in our house. This time I had to resort to giving some away as the thought of being in a bikini next week scares me!

You will need-
  • 1 1/4 cups oats
  • 1/2 cup of plain flour
  • 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup crystalized ginger, cut into small pieces
  • 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup of dark brown packed sugar
  • 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 140C then in a medium bowl whisk together your oats, flour, pecan, ginger, bicarbonate of soda and salt then put to one side. Using an electric mixers, beat your butter and sugars together until they are light and fluffy. Add your egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Gradually add the oat mixture and mix until just combined.
Make small balls (roughly golf ball size) then flatten and place on a baking tray, put them a decent distance apart incase of spreading.

Bake the cookies until just brown but still soft, for about 14minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and then pop on a wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy x

footnote: As some of you may know, blogger when down the other night..just as I was writing this post, so I lost all but 1 of my pictures (which I stupidly deleted off my computer) So apologies for the lack of pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...