Thursday 15 December 2011

Christmas in our home

Pin It
Having a little play with bokeh


After being inspired by some of my favourite blog's tours around their Christmas decorations I thought that I would share a few photos from around our home. For the first time this year Tim & I are hosting Christmas at our place. My mum and dad (& Whisper the dog) will be coming up to Cambridge on Christmas Eve and will be with us till Boxing day and I really can't wait. I have slight concerns that the piglet we have ordered may not fit in my tiny oven but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it! We have some serious treats in store for us for dinner this year and I can feel my waistline expanding just thinking about all the food in store!

Being an only child meant that growing up Christmas was always very small, usually being just the 3 of us. They were always so magical and full of tradition. From the traditional Yugoslavian Christmas biscuits my mum would make to the tradition of the meal on Christmas Eve night. They are all traditions I hope to keep going and I especially can't wait to do when we have kids of our own. After meeting Tim I became part of a bigger family which just keeps on growing, 3 brothers-in-law, two sister-in-laws, 2 nephews & a niece and of course my mother & father in-law. We try to alternate where we spend Christmas each year but some of my favourites have been where both families have combined all sitting around a big table passing around plates of food lots of laughter and playing games after dinner. I look forward to starting some of our own traditions this year.
The first presents under the tree along with some dropped needles


Homemade felt garland
Some of the blogs that have inspired me to share some photos with you include Elizabeth, Drea & Abigail. Be sure to stop by and check out their beautiful homes and also make sure you check our Drea's super Easy Christmas Tree Garland Tutorial (which inspired me to make my garland above)

1 comment:

  1. aww looks lovely! thanks for mentioning me, glad that i could be of some inspiration...happy christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...