Sunday 5 June 2011

A Quick, Tasty Pasta Dish

Pin It


A few months ago I agreed to cook lots of Bosnian food for a Charity fundraiser for a Music Therapy school in Mostar, Bosnia. Then life got hectic. Anyway, it is this friday and I found out on friday that I am cooking for roughly 100 people! Ouch! I have been cooking like a mad woman today making the sweet things for friday, luckily they keep and actually get better with age so it gives me time to get on with the rest of the bits this week...every evening leading up to friday that is. I have been documenting as I have been going today and plan on getting the recipes up as soon as I can.

So, after cooking solidly for hmm, 7 hours I got hungry for something a little fresh, healthy and quick. So I made this. It was a bit of a make up as you go along kinda recipe but it was delicious. I am going to make more next time and box it for a cold pasta salad type lunch.

You will need-

  • 1 cup or so of broccoli florests
  • Pack of asparagus
  • 200g pasta
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • Pancetta - a couple of slices, chopped
  • Olive Oil
  • Chilli flakes
  • Parmesan
So, first of all get your pasta on the boil. Next heat a little oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and add your chopped pancetta and garlic and stir frequently. When your pasta is 2 minutes away from cooked pop your broccoli & asparagus in a pan of water and boil for 2 minutes. When cooked drain both the pasta and vegetables and add to your saucepan. Pour in a glug of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle on some chilli flakes. Serve with some freshly grated parmesan.

Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...