I rustled up this quick dinner tonight, it is a pretty rich treat so if you would prefer it with a little less oomph perhaps serve with regular pasta rather than gnocci.
You will need:
- A pack of gnocchi, (I recommend Jamie Oliver's fresh gnocchi)
- An inch square piece of smoked pancetta finely chopped (you could just use 2/3 slices of sliced pancetta and finely slice
- 6/7 slices of hungarian spicy sausage or chorizo, finely sliced
- 5 or so cloves of garlic (I am a huge garlic fiend so if you're not as big a fan, use less)
- 150ml or so of creme fraiche
- Parmesan for grating
Right, heat you frying pan on a medium heat with a little oil. When ready add your pancetta and sausage and cook for a few minutes. The sausage should release a lovely orange oil. Peel and crush your garlic and add to the frying pan. Cook for 5 minutes or so, be careful not to burn it. Turn the heat down a little and add your creme fraiche. Give it all a good stir, taste and then season. Leave on the low heat.
Get a saucepan of salted water on the boil and add your gnocchi. The one I use only takes 2 minutes to cook. Drain and then add to your frying pan of saucy goodness. Give it all a good stir and serve. Grate some parmesan on top.
Easy peasy.... one work of advice, probably best not to eat before a date.