Sunday 7 October 2012

Childhood Memories Supper Club October

Pin It
Last night saw our 3rd Plate Lickers supper club. This time around the theme was childhood memories and we had so much fun planning the menu. Through all the recipe tests we ran I really struggled not to share any photos so I am so excited to finally be able to share what we have been up to. Our guests dined under a sparkling mirror ball and were welcomed with a little milk bottle filled with white Russians. We had a lot of fun making the canapes, especially the pork pies, but a special mention has to go to the pineapple chutney. I'm so glad there's a little left for my cheese sandwiches this week!







Next up was the fish finger sandwich. Served in some delicious sourdough bread from Earth's Crust on the market and homemade tartare. For one of our guests, this was his first ever fish finger sandwich and the feedback was great!
Now I have a bit of a confession to make, our very special surprise guest had turned up by the main course and I was so fascinated by what he was up to that I totally forgot to photograph the main course, The main consisted of a shoulder of lamb that had been roasted for 6 hours and then turned into a stew accompanied by potato gratin & a winter slaw of fennel, carrots, celeriac, cabbage... this list goes on! This was served in a school dinner style and each diner came up to collect their meal.

We were extremely lucky that Jack of @jackmade_gelato agreed to come along and do our sorbet course for us. Guests were treated to Jack's take on a Cornetto. Dark chocolate ganache at the base of each cone followed by vanilla cream and finally topped with a quince sorbet. I'm mostly grateful that there was enough left for us to have a cone each. Although I got a little distracted eating it and almost forgot all about the dessert!



Dessert was my take on a Jaffa cake, combining a Lamington with Jo's incredible seville orange marmalade which was lastly followed by a petit four of marshmallows which we had a lot of fun making, especially trying to get the colour perfect.

Jo & I, as always. had so much fun playing host and hearing the chit chatter of all our guests whilst we were in the kitchen. Hearing everyones feedback made it all feel so worth while. We will be announcing the next 2 dates very soon so please sign up to our mailing list (here) if you haven't done so already to hear about it first.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so amazing! It makes me wish I lived closer to the Cambridge area! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...