Sunday 1 July 2012

Barcelona- Sant Joan

Pin It

As I took so many photos in Barcelona I thought I would split them between a couple of posts. It was my first time visiting and I absolutely fell in love. We were very lucky to end up being there for Sant Joan, the longest day of the year. In Spain, and other parts of the world Sant Joan is bigger than New Years Eve. People gather on the streets, in squares and on the beach and celebrate the shortest night by setting off fireworks, lighting fires and partying till the sun comes up. We started our evening with some fantastic Mexican food then joined our friends on their rooftop to watch the sun go down and the fireworks begin. Then, around 12 o'clock we set off for the beach where we spend the rest of the night til the sun began to rise and we had to leave the beach before the mass clean up began. Its definitely one of those nights I'm not going to forget in a hurry.

Thanks to Lucie for letting me use some of her photos.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed Barcelona!! By the way, thank you for your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...