Sunday 20 January 2013

Croissants

Pin It

If you follow me on twitter you may have seen me talking about a new page I have set up on my blog. 2013 Must Do List is a list of challenges I have set myself and will be adding to over the year. Croissants have been at the top of my list for a while now and as 2013 rolled around I realised I had exhausted all of my excuses. Stickybeaks was closed for the first 2 weeks in January so I decided to use this my advantage and get my 2013 list off to a good start.

After doing a bunch of research I decided to try out the Bourke Street bakery recipe as it didn't require a starter (sadly my sourdough starter died a while ago and I haven't had a chance to make a new one). It was really enjoyable and my freezer is now fully stocked with pastries. I also made a last minute decision to fill half with an almond paste which I was very grateful for as almond croissants are by far my favourite. I now look forward to making some again and experimenting with other flavours, I would love to try out some savoury varieties.

If you would like to join in with setting yourself some challenges for 2013 comment below and I'll link over to you.






3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely up for joining in the challenges and am always more than happy to taste test yours! The croissants were a huuugge success! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A list of challenges for the year is such a good idea! I might have to give this some thought ... And the croissants look fab. How lovely to have a freezer full of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in, I have a million things I've been meaning to try : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...