Tuesday 17 April 2012

Gluten Free Hazelnut & Dark Chocolate Blondies

Pin It

To me hazelnuts & chocolate are the best combination. Ever. Put a bowl of anything containing the two infront of me and watch them disappear in minutes. I knew if I were to make these they would need to have a home to go to. So with a friends birthday coming up and a big family meal planned I knew this would be the perfect opportunity.

I recently bought some gluten free self raising flour and decided to try it out, after all, I didn't want to leave any family member out. For this recipe you will need a round oven proof dish measuring roughly 25cm. If your dish is bigger then reduce the cooking time and if smaller increase the temperature slightly and cook for a little longer.

Recipe inspired by The Kitchn
You will need-

  • 1 + 1/4 cups gluten free self raising flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4oz unsalted butter
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp Camp coffee essence or espresso coffee powder
  • 1 large egg
  • 3/4 cup of chopped dark chocolate- roughly 150g
  • 1/2 cup of peeled chopped hazelnuts (how to peel hazelnuts)
Begin by preheating your oven to 170C and buttering your baking dish. In a bowl combine your flour and salt then put to one side. 

In a saucepan melt your butter and then add the sugar and stir till it has melted into the butter. Pour the butter mixture into the bowl with the flour and add the vanilla extract, coffee & egg and mix with a spoon. Finally fold in the chocolate and hazelnuts and transfer to your baking dish.

Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake as you still want that gooey centre. Leave it to cool completely before slicing.


1 comment:

  1. I love cookies and this recipe of yours looks so scrumptious. I'm planning to cook bake this on my birthday this weekend and this is very helpful because most of my friends are now on gluten free diet. They'll surely love it because it looks like one of those we've tasted at gluten free friendly restaurants.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...