Sunday 18 September 2011

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars

Pin It

I first posted this recipe quite a few months ago back when all I used to document my recipes was my iphone. Looking back through the other day I realised that the photos I took really did not do the recipe any justice and with a friends birthday coming up I decided to remake and re-share this treat.

There comes a time every once in a while when I come across a recipe that I have to make right there and then. This was one of those scenarios. I was happily browsing tastespotting when I discovered this recipe from Craving Chronicles First thing I did was to jump in the car and pop down to Tesco for the ingredients that I was missing. All I can say is WOW. The mixture of the sweet and salty is irresistible, make sure you have a home for these to go to as having them floating around in your fridge isn't the best thing for your mid-riff.

You will need-
  • 6 tbsp melted unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cups fine pretzel crumbs
  • 1/2 cup icing sugar 
  • 1/4 tsp salt
For the ganache
  • 1 heaped cup of 60% chocolate
  • 1/3 cup double cream
In a small saucepan melt your peanut butter and butter together and then stir it into your pretzel, icing sugar and salt. 





Prepare a tin by lining it with foil and then pour your mixture in. Press it down quite firmly and then place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.

Whilst the peanut butter and pretzel mixture is setting in the fridge heat your cream in a pan and and when its near to the boil add the chocolate and stir till its melted and turns to a lovely shiny consistency.


 Pour the chocolate over the pretzel mix and put it in the fridge for at least an hour (this is the hardest part!) When nice and solid remove from the fridge and cut into squares and devour! If there is any left over, then store in an airtight box in the fridge.


Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...